Denim is a must have in everyone’s closet. Jeans and jackets are very popular since they do not go out of style. Because of this, these clothing pieces can easily take a beating. To maximize the denim garments that you have, here are some of simple, but helpful tips to make them last longer.
- First of all, it is important to buy the right size for you. You need to remember that some brands tend to shrink right after the first wash. If your denim pieces are too small for you, it will wear out faster. Don’t be shy to ask for assistance when shopping so that you will know more what to expect.
- When washing your denim for the first time, add two teaspoons of salt to the water to help set the dye.
- The most important rule when it comes to jeans is to avoid washing them too often. The more you wash it, the more it will fade. Some people use it up to 10 times before washing it. If you want to get rid of the odor, you can hang it outside by using a sturdy hanger.
- To preserve the color, it is also important to use a mild detergent. Never use bleach.
- When washing jeans and denim pieces, use cold water. It is also recommended to rinse them inside out. After washing, allow it to air dry.
- It is always better to wash denim by hand and as we have mentioned, use cold water.
- As much as possible, do not put too many things in the back pocket to prevent it from sagging.
- Use a steam iron for your jeans so as to avoid altering its original form.
There you have it! Just follow the tips we have listed above to ensure that your denim will last longer.